Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

We all hate Orange

Back in the day our high school would always tell our team what a remarkable opportunity we had to beat another team who everyone knew we would win.  Well, today the Tide has a remarkable opportunity in Knoxville.  There is no way that Alabama should beat the Volunteers.  The Crimson and White don’t have the depth or inside size to match up with Tennessee.
All that being said I still think Alabama has a good chance to beat their old football rivalry. It starts with Anthony Grant on the sideline.  I believe that Trevor Releford  may have grown up enough not to be intimidated inside that sucky big orange placed named Thompson-Boling Arena. 
What I always remember about the floor there is how hard it is to pick up the rim against all that orange.  And then there is that floor. I’m sorry, but the only color that compliments Tennessee Orange is putrid upchucks.  Orange is a color that color blind people select  to compliment some type of pink plaid. How bad is Orange?  Not a single other word in the dictionary would allow itself to rhyme with the color.
Name me one team who has Orange that you like.  Do you like Auburn?  Do you like Florida? How about Syracuse?  Orange is a color attempt to distinguish your team from another school. It worked.  Of course, toxic waste is effective in attention grabbing.  If you think I dislike Tennessee spot on.    If Ole’ Smokey got run over by a car I’d would stop and help the dog. Bruce Pearl gets smacked?  Well, we all have to go sometime. Bruce won’t be on the sideline today.  That means no slip and falling on the grease spots dripping from his cheating character or his hair.
Do I think Tennessee will win today?  Probably not, but I’d rather wear Crimson and lose than Orange and win.  Okay, that’s a stretch. It won’t surprise me if we win today. It won’t surprise me if we get a hose job from the refs to keep us from winning. Such is life on the road in the SEC.  I’ll take Bama and the points.

No comments:

Post a Comment