Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

Les Miles and LSU prove exactly what is wrong with College Football...

Miles and LSU brass shows exactly what is wrong with college football...
     Okay, this is a football article in a basketball blog. Well, sort of a football article, but it is applicable to any sport. Today it applies to LSU, Les Miles, and perfected act of hypocrisy. In case you were in Mongolia for last few months you know that Jordan Jefferson, part time quarterback and full time thug was suspended by Miles for a savage assault on a United States Marine outside a bar in New Orleans. Imagine a Marine being in a bar. Boggles the imagination doesn't it. I fully believe that Jefferson and his fellow gang members almost beat this soldier to death. I also have no doubt the Marine had no back down in him at all. Most Marines don't. He probably thought that seven against on Marine was pretty even when the assault started. What started as an assault has shown the true character of both Miles, Jefferson, and the academic leadership of LSU.


    Jefferson repeatedly kicked the Marine who was almost unconscious and lying on the ground. He could offer no defense at this point. So what does Jefferson do. He starts to kick our serviceman in head. Big man Jefferson. You repeatedly kicked a semi-conscious man half to death. I'd call that leadership. You probably major in management at LSU. You are a spineless little bastard and you'll get yours. What goes around comes around. I personally wouldn't have picked on United States Marine. They have lots of buddies, and this Simper Fi stuff is taken very seriously. One night when you least expect it you are going to be dragged into some backwater Louisiana swamp ala True Blood. 


Nothing serious, Les? 
    What Miles and Louisiana State University has done pales in comparison to Jefferson. After Jefferson's felony charges were reduced to misdemeanors he was reinstated to the team. He then played the following day. I watched that moment with great anticipation. How would the fans react. They booed Jefferson. I suspect that they were actually booing Miles. It gave me new respect to fans I already respected. Of course, the coach is a man who told a group of boosters to f---k Alabama. There is only two letters differences in class and ass. Guess which group I think Jefferson and Miles are in? 


     I guess the injured Marine felt like he wasn't kicked as hard as he thought after some homer DA lowered the charges. He probably had some type of epithany. "Hey, I just thought I got the 
s--t beat out of me, and after all I was barely conscious when the quarterback chipped in kicks to my head. I completely understand." The truth is that Marine might have died had he been kicked in the temple. Maybe Jefferson didn't have the intent to kill the soldier, but  he could have done that. For Miles and the University to let this criminal play is beyond my comprehension. I'm not saying the criminals don't deserve second chances. By allowing Jefferson to play against Kentucky the entire coaching staff and University condoned his actions. They also said that it is more important to teach that winning in football is more important that winning in life by being a decent person.


    I can't imagine Coach Saban doing that. I bet our Coach would have kicked his ass all the way down to the bus station on his way home. This isn't drinking. It isn't stealing. It was the intentional act of trying to harm another human being. That is entire different level of malfeasance. He should have been kicked off the team forever. So let's see what LSU players have learned. I might miss a few games if I almost kill someone. Hmmm... I bet some of the Cajuns might just think that would be worth the risk. I bet some Alabama players might do so as well. 


   You might believe that Jefferson and his gang of seven acted in the heat of the moment. They may have been drinking and things got out of hand. Those things may be true, and you can choose to believe those are mitigating factors. What Les Miles and Chancellor of LSU did was make a decision that means that games are more important than human life. I don't know how they can justify that under these circumstances. I do know two things; however, the decision to let Jefferson play was far worse than the fight. The other thing I believe is that I'd bet on the Marine in round two. And Jordan, there will be a round two.


    And for you Coach Miles ... you have gone from mildly amusing to openly dangerous. No, coach most of us haven't had this type of brush with the law as you defended Jefferson in your press conference. Most of don't gang up on someone and try to kill him. That's what happened, or could have happened, and you make it sound like some teenager's lack of judgement. Jordan Jefferson and Les Miles are the leaders of LSU football. Even your fans are ashamed of you both. LSU fans don't boo criminals or the man who was supposed to crack the whip. 


Latest Update on the Crime (1-6-2012)  As many of you know I am a lawyer by trade not by choice. I have reviewed the public records in Louisiana and this case reduced to a misdemeanor at the request of the District Attorney. The victim's family continues to fight for justice including a potential civil lawsuit)




Return to the Forums by clicking here

1 comment:

  1. les myles oh whats the difference" your day will come" what if that had been your son" they had beat half to death" and they played on your football team" would you have let them come back then to play: I don't think so" this clearly is a viloation of this mans civil rights: black or white civil rights are for all people and this is an injustice for this coach and the laws of America" not just football:

    ReplyDelete