Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2018

HOW BAD CAN IT GET ?

a complete second-half collapse spells trouble for Johnson...

   
Over sixty years of being a fan.
 
Last week a poster asked a reasonable question - "Can we trust Avery Johnson to get the job done"?  The time has come to discuss whether the poster's point is true or not.  With a 22 point, first-half lead and still the Tide fell apart. The Alabama Crimson Tide was inept in the final 20 minutes. Georgia State hit a 24-foot three-point bomb at the buzzer. The shot was uncontested. Someone told me recently that watching Alabama basketball was something he could not do. Ain't that the truth? We will discuss some of the problems Alabama suffers throughout the week.


          #Buckleup was exciting. Avery Johnson is a master salesman. Tide hoop fans want him to succeed, but year four is going downhill.  Earlier in the year, I predicted 18 wins. That seems far too many tonight. I have been a Tide basketball fan for over 60 years. That is more than most of the fans on this board have been alive. I have seen the highs and lows. Those years give me a long time view and opinion of Alabama basketball. I have never seen anything like I saw in the last half of the Georgia State game. Kudos to Wimp Sanderson for not laughing out loud, or crying out loud - take your pick. So, perhaps it is time to start a reasonable discussion of whether Johnson can get the job done. What do you think? 

       Are we the worse team in SEC today?

         For those who didn't see my post about Bamabasketball.net - I won the right to use my old name after a lengthy struggle. 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment