Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012


THE NCAA LOOKS AT THE SEC ...

  • Kentucky
  • Florida
  • Vanderbilt
  • Alabama
  • Mississippi State


COACH OF THE YEAR?
     Those are the five teams most associated with by bracketologists when picking which SEC teams go to the NCAA.  You can’t argue with Kentucky. They are the best team in the Nation are worthy of their #1 ranking and deserve #1 seed.


     My question is who do you now rank the other SEC teams? Of the 5 listed above I’d have to say that State is at the bottom, and if they lose another SEC game this season they may find themselves on the outside looking in.  I know that Alabama looked like world beaters in the second half of the State game. Was is just me, or did it looked like State mailed in the loss without much of a fight?  So of the other 3 teams left above who is the best team.


Player of the Year
Both Florida and Vanderbilt beat Alabama so that might seemingly make it easy to pick who gets the lowest seed of the 3. I don’t think it’s that easy and with some season left to play you have to look at trends. The trend for Florida is down and last night in their loss to Georgia it makes you wonder if they are the second best team in the SEC. I don’t think so right now. Vandy and Alabama both had a chance to beat Kentucky on the road, and I wish we had a shot at them in Coleman.  I think we just might win. Vandy’s record is 20-9. Florida is 22-7 but they are dropping like a lead balloon. Mississippi State has now lost five in a row and I thought they looked like a team that has given up. 


Donovon needs Gators to move up
    So that begs the question - where will Alabama end up if they win a their last 2 games and maybe a couple in the SEC?  I was reading Jerry Palm's picks. He had Alabama a 10 seed. Are you telling me that there are 37 other teams better than Alabama right now? Vandy was listed as 7 seed. Florida is a 5, with Mississippi State an 11. You telling me that Alabama is only one seed better than State? The teams with the longest winning streaks in the SEC are Kentucky at 20 and Alabama at 3. That tells me something about how good Kentucky really is and, also how how balanced the SEC really is this season. If I'm an opposing coach and I find out I'm play Alabama as a 10 I'd think, "are you kidding me, a 10 seed ?"  Same for Vandy and whoever they play. If Florida keeps on falling and remain a 5 someone is catching a break. We all know about the 12-5 seed game. 


    I see that Palm has Murray State as a 4. Hmm... that seems a little high for team in their Conference. But it is the Murray States and the  Iona's that make Cinderella stories possible.
Way to go Crimson Tide on a great road win and then spanking State. Still think the man can't coach?

No comments:

Post a Comment