Pages

Friday, April 26, 2019

HOPE RETURNS  TO TIDE FANS...

     Nat Oats hasn't coached a game at Alabama. Let's give him credit for giving Alabama fans something to hope for in the future. Hope is an odd thing.  We often have those feelings with no basis of belief. Still, we hope. I hope our football team is successful. That hope is based on the recent past. But, hope for basketball? I guess we could say the bar is so low there is only one way to go. It is more than that isn't it. 

    The hopeful feeling I have our basketball program doesn't have much past history to believe Alabama will succeed next season. Yet, when I look at what Coach Oats is doing to get ready for year one I have reason to hope. You should too. Effort covers a lot of shortcomings. The Tide has some talent but not nearly as much as Alabama will need to win a trip to the NCAA. Wimp Sanderson told once that the most talented team doesn't always win. He quickly added it doesn't hurt though.

    Wimp has been gone for quite a while. His Plaid Palace hangs over Coleman Coliseum like a ghost. Will we ever get back to those days? Is Oats the man to do it. I think he just might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment