Pages

Sunday, May 5, 2019

The Saga continues...

     The recruitment of Trendon Watford is like the Star Wars movie franchise. It seemingly will never end. The only thing missing from his recruitment is R2D2. Where will Watford choose to play? Is he being thoughtful and introspective about his choices, or is he engaged in an analysis by paralysis? A Tide fan told me something yesterday that bears repeating. Is Trendon Watford worth the wait? 

           The Tide and Nate Oats is faced with some tough choices. A great transfer is leaning toward the Tide. A JUCO All-American wants to play for Coach Oats. And what if Watford decides to come to Alabama. Does he leave two great players behind? Alabama isn't obligated to renew any scholarship to a player. Cutting a player isn't very attractive in my opinion. Alabama has one spot left right now if my count is correct. Tough decision. 

            I don't think that Watford is a one and done after reading a lot of AAU observations about him. Not all five stars are one and done's.  Perhaps he is a two and through guy? Regardless, he would be a great addition to the Tide program, but I suspect Oats is thinking long term and who fits his style. Most Tide fans would like for this Watford deal to be over one way or the other. 

           I talked to an ex-coach and he told me that Watford is confused. Perhaps his family can help him make up his mind. To me, the entire recruiting saga is unsettling for some reason. I would rather have good players who want to play at Bama instead of players who settle for Alabama. Alabama is having a big visit today from a player who may transfer in from in. RJ Cole is a dynamic combo guard who fits the Oats profile according to some. His family is coming with him. That's a good sign.

            Oats is big on us as a team vs. me as a player.  You have to wonder if Watford wants to be a part of that.  I'm not saying he doesn't but the longer this drags out you have to wonder. Roll Tide.

            

No comments:

Post a Comment