Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Real News on Watford...

     After speaking with several people about Watford, I feel confident disclosing some information. Watford has chosen LSU. The only thing keeping a public announcement is the need to have some reassurance that Wade will be back as coach.

    Many of you may be aware that Wade can be fired for cause if he is found in violation of a level One or level Two offense. Wade's contract was just amended to include that clause. LSU doesn't want to pay millions if Wade if found to be a NCAA major violator. I am not going into the pros and cons of whether he is or isn't walking the proverbial plank on some matters made public already.

    I've suspected this was Watford's school of choice for some time, but have hesitated to say so until I had spoken to three specific individuals. All feel this is the case. Watford is waiting. He can wait as long as he wants. And I believe he will do so until Wade's matter is concluded.

    Might he end up at Alabama? If Wade gets the axe he might. The question is whether Coach Oats is willing to wait. My personal opinion is that Alabama will be better off with other players like Rojas or Cole, or both. Coach could make room for him by non-renewal of someone's grant-in-aid. Would Bama like to have Watford? Of course, they would. Whether it is good for the overall brand of the school is beyond my pay grade. There are other players that Oats will find in the future. Perhaps some will be five stars.

    But wait... Is it possible that the two players mentioned above might find room on the roster even if Watford becomes a Tider? That is an interesting thought. Bottom line is that Watford doesn't want to attend Alabama. You might not like that, but I can't blame him. While I have good thoughts about Oats he hasn't had a chance to prove himself at Alabama. I am not going down the rabbit hole again. When he wins I'll hop down there with an ever growing number of Tider Insider posters.

No comments:

Post a Comment