Pages

Thursday, January 16, 2020

TIDE DEFENSE SET THE TONE...


        When I opened my morning email, four Alabama fans wondered if Alabama would make the NCAA.  I told each that I'd email Bruce Pearl and get his opinion. Top five teams get beaten, but few get whipped by 19. So how did Alabama beat the Tigers like a drum? The Tide played defense. With its new fashion offense, the Crimson Tide turned to the old school on the defensive end of the floor. The Tigers got their respective egos flattened. Going into the game the Tigers were averaging 83 pts. per game. They scored only 64, and very few of those came easy. The Cliff Notes version of last night was Alabama embarrassed the Auburn Tigers. Pearl handled the postgame press conference with a lot of class despite the stunned look on his face. I don't think Pearl was surprised that his Tigers were beaten. But, I'd bet he was shocked that Alabama ran roughshod over his team.  I think AU has a very good basketball team. I think Alabama is on the cusp of being a very good team. 

    Will Alabama make the NCAA field of 64? If they play defense like they did last night, try to at least break even on the glass, make their free throws, and keep learning the offense they just might do so. Let me ask this. Does anyone see a team in the SEC Alabama cannot beat let us know? I'm not saying that no one will beat the Tide. Someone will, but merely suggest that Alabama can beat anyone on their schedule. Nat Oats has brought back an echo of the past that has been sorely missed in Tuscaloosa for two many seasons. 

Bama has a NET score 46 




No comments:

Post a Comment