Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

Bama' in for a tough day...

What good does it do to beat Kentucky and then lose to Auburn? The answer to that is none at all. I'd beat my last devalued dollar that Anthony has preaching the gospel of living in the present right now. What happened yesterday is gone. Saturday the present is looking you right in the face. Auburn is a bad basketball team. Yet, they almost beat Florida at home. Only a couple late three point baskets by the Gators snared the Tigers.

Now on Saturday,with every farmer, possum eater,and toothless Auburn fan will be drooling (well make that drooling more). Auburn gets that thing aam gig trophy for beating Alabama in football. It has no place at a basketball game anyway. What if they gave it at the football game right before kickoff. Underneath the good humor and laughter lies a deep seated hatred between two school that make custody battles over children seem like, well.. child's play. Let's just call it what it is. We hate Auburn.We hated them yesterday, and we'll hate them tommorrow. Decades when we are gone to glory our great grandhildren will hate them.

As my daughter told me when she was 12 - the farmer in the dell can go to hell. I had to punish her because her mother was shocked at the language. I sent her to the bedroom beaming with pride. It's that kind of world. This season when Auburn chose to cheat about football players big time it made Tide vs. Tiger rivalry even worse. You can't deny the Tigers their just due. They are as good a semi-pro team as we will ever see. I wouldn't let Cam Newton accept the trophy. He'll steal it. Wait, that was a low blow. I meant to say his father will sell it.

One thing about a blog is that you can write what you like. If I was the Alabama guy who had to give it back I'd say. "Here is the trophy. Screw you because you cheated to get it. The decades you go on probation will mean you have to give it back twice." It's that kind of rivalary. My cousin was telling me how much he hated Auburn. It was pretty pointed. I asked him if the Auburn team plane had both engines on fire and Captain Sully was try miracle landing surely you would pray for the team. Hell no, I'd buy stock in fire engine equipment.

His son, God bless him, got a full scholarship to Auburn. His son is an Auburn fan. His soon to be daughter is an Auburn fan even if she is a mexican and not a citizen (somehow this made sense to me) is an AU fan. His wife is an AU fan. The day his son was taken to Auburn he dropped him off. I asked him what he said. "I was nice, I said good luck and see you in four years. Stay in touch."

My cousin is what I'd call a middle of the road Bama fanatic. My friend and great head coach Wimp once said,"you just have to hate those ____" If Wimp had a choice of making it to the sweet sixteen or beating Auburn twice he go with the latter. He once told me that he hoped he drew AU in the SEC tournament so he could beat 'em again. If Wimp's life could be saved by painting himself blue and orange he call a priest for last rites. He's our kind of guy, right?

I hope the current class of players understand the importance of this game. It is a big game for the SEC West Crown but more than that it is simply beating "those people". If Releford thought that Kansas and Kansas State was a rivalry he ain't seen nothing yet. The Auburn crowd will be loud and proud. The faint odor of bourbon will waft through the rafters of Auburn's new arena. Once when I was younger a group of use went down to watch the Tide in Auburn. Eddie Phillips owned the Tigers. As the game wore on our taunts got pretty bad. That guy, Dye, who used to coach at Auburn and got them on another couple of years probation was sitting in front of us. We didn't know. He finally turned arouond and told us if we didn't hold it down he get us thrown out. I apologized. My buddy said, "___ you. You are so drunk you couldn't find a cop." I was kinda scared but even Dye laughed. He then said words the effect that it was just basketball. Therein lies the problem with Auburn. It's just basketball. The other day I commented to an buddy who is an eagle that Auburn would miss Frankie Sullivan. Who is that he replied. I told him he was their best basketball player. He told me thats okay it's not like he played football.

I hate Auburn. I don't hate Auburn fans. My best friend is an Auburn fan. As he has stumbled through the travels of Cam Newton and why it was okay I just say back in the golf cart and lisented. Not only was Newton not guilty of doing anything his father was merely showing us what real family values really are.

I asked him who Cam Newton was. I told him I didn't give a tinkers damn about anything about Auburn. And I don't. And I won't. And my chidlren won't. And my grandchildren won't either. That is why our team needs to focus and whip the Tigers. A child will lead us and our inside players must score and rebound. If that happens we should win. I don't care if is football, basketball, or ice hockey I'm ALL IN for the Tide.

No comments:

Post a Comment