Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Crimson Tide set to host lackluster LSU

Less than 1,000 tickets remain for this weekend's tilt against the clawless Bayou Tigers. We don't score enough points to win one going away, but this will be a great chance to give it a shot. The only good thing I can say for the Bayou Bengals is that they are better than Auburn. Of course, a lot of junior college teams are better than Auburn.

I don't think Alabama will win the SEC or even the W

est this season but its going to be a fun ride to find out for sure. Maybe the last sentence will be my worst predicition ever. When you break down the remainder of the season it is hard to find anyone that will beat the Tide easily. Anthony Grant coached teams don't go down without a fight. Even the games the Tide loses are always competitive. I keep thinking about this season's team with a couple of real outside threats. Next year we have those threats.

Big question I always get is does Bama get Huntville's Lacey. I think the Tide is in a dogfight with Kentucky. This Kentucky squad isn't as loaded with one and dones. Lacey understands that he will be the centerpiece of the outside game. Green is stay around. Lacey knows he'll get lots of open looks because of Green inside and Releford giving him the rock. One player can really make a difference. I'm not sure that Rodney Cooper isn't that far away from anyone. I've seen him play a couple of high school games. He can score inside, mid-range, and delivery the trey. He is the longest kid I've ever seen. His forte is supposedly defense and he has the tools to be a stopper. I had no idea the kid was superior on the offensive end. Bama has already signed blue chipper Levi Randolph who I love watch play. This kid is super.

He is going way up in national ratings. I'd be he'd end up a top twenty-five player if he continues his red hot season. A lot of people think he is the best player in Alabama and in honesty he might be. I asked one of my good friends who know his hoops. He calls him overwhelmingly effective. He isn't flashy. Teams just can't stop him because of his versatility. He could end up being a five star player. He is going to end up being a great college player. Let me say this - should Bama get Lacy our recruiting class will be the class of the SEC.

No comments:

Post a Comment