Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Bama beats Georgia and we are in...


Pack the suitcase...
     Let me tell you that the University of Alabama is going to be in the NCAA field of 68 if they beat Georgia. That is what my three friends who have helped select teams in the past tell us. The only way that ‘Bama won’t make it would require a bevy of post season conference tournament upsets. Now get out your crimson magic markers and write this down. If ‘Bama beats Georgia and Vanderbilt beats Florida this weekend it would take a landslide of conference upsets to keep a Conference Champion out of the field.
     The NCAA simply doesn't think it is politically correct to take 11 schools out of the Big East over the SEC Champion. If ‘Bama wins the SEC Crown that means something. It isn’t something you can just overlook. A quasi-symbolic number of 20 wins still counts. It isn’t an instant invitation to the dance, but you can at least start planning the trip.

     I’ll trust what my friends tell me. Hey,I've played a good bit of golf with one of these men, and he wouldn’t tell me something unless he believed it. If he did, first tee betting negotiations would take on global proportions and involve living children. The Coach of the Year in the Southeastern Conference is going to be Anthony Grant. You don’t snub the SEC Coach of the Year. It isn’t politically correct to do so. All this makes sense. I know people who know how the system works. I trust them. I’ll leave it that. Beyond that, my wife has bought a new Crimson colored outfit for the trip. My wife doesn’t do that unless she is sure we’re going on a trip...

Back to TiderInsider

No comments:

Post a Comment