Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Bama taken to the woodpile

You could see it coming...

In my last post I said this was going to happen. Let's be truthful. Florida was playing at home and Alabama waltzed in with the worst offense in the SEC. Senior night on a hostile floor is not a good place to suddenly find a way to score baskets. But let's get this straight. Bama can still make it to the NCAA and here is how. Beat Georgia and hope Vandy beats Florida. Co-champs. I don't care how disappointed you are about Gainesville. It was a whooping, the first one a Grant team has endured at Bama.

Just shoot the ball kid...
Anyone who thought we could be Co-Champions of the SEC this year would have served 30 days in the nearest mental health ward. I am happy with the season. I will be happier when we beat Georgia and Vandy beats Florida. We gave them one heck of a half, and then talent took over. Fatigue set in and the inevitable happened. I know the boo-birds and hitchhiker fans will be upset, then get mad, and then quit the team. Not most of us though. This season is not over. I've seen over a thousand Alabama basketball games. I've seen teams with heart and those that were without. This one has it. All they need is rest. Thank heavens we don't play until Saturday. A standing ovation for what this team has done and is going to do more. I'd bet my last dollar on it. There is something about this group of kids and their coach which makes me proud. How about leaving a few comments below for me to send to CGrant?

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't be more proud of this team. My message to them would be to STAND UP after this loss and show the kind of heart that it takes to be Champions. Own the next game. CONTROL the SEC Tourney. Fight, scrap, push, and get IN THE FACE of your remaining opponents. ROLL TIDE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job this year Coach and team. Keep fighting, keep working and continued success will be the result.
    It is great to have a basketball program that hustles and plays hard all the time. You guys are great!
    Asterisk

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a lifelong Bama basketball fan, season ticket holder, and one who frequently travels to road games...THANK YOU for making this fun again. We have little depth and can't shoot, but you get the most out of them every night and somehow we have a chance to go 12-4 in the conference and are back in the march madness discussion. Keep up the hard work and let's continue to build on this success.

    ReplyDelete