Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2019

Tide is embarrassed...
       
      I don’t think any halfway honest person thought for a single moment that Alabama could have beaten Auburn on the Plains. Not me, I picked Auburn to win by over ten. Auburn is a good basketball team. They beat the Tide in every phase of the game. What I didn’t expect was to see that Auburn had better players at every position on the floor.  That includes the coaching.

       I got some heat from a poster who said Alabama basketball fans didn’t need a fan like me. I am the exact type of fan ‘Bama needs. I love them, but I am not going to keep my mouth shut when it is clear we have some problems. In the fourth season of Avery Johnson, we have some real problems. Think of this for a moment. Auburn has a better basketball program than Alabama. Auburn. For heaven’s sake, the Tigers have a better basketball program that the University of Alabama and the current status shows no realistic chance of changing anytime soon.  This nonsense has been going on at Alabama since midway through Mark Gottfried’s tenure.

      Now I know that one game doesn’t a season make. But this loss is the poster child of what is wrong with our hoops.  We have only one decent ball handler, and he is 17 years old. We have one decent rebounder in Hall, but kudos of Ingram for pitching in. Jones and Ingram have taken a big step back from last season. Jones to the NBA. In what world will that happen?   This team makes far too many turnovers. They have no leadership and we can’t expect Lewis to be that man. Petty played hard and helped the Tide yesterday. 21 turnovers?  That is a direct result of poor coaching. Johnson failed to call timeouts when they were needed again, but at least Jones didn’t catch a fourth foul this time.

      Bama played better in the second half but the Tigers were on cruise control. The officiating was iffy but yesterday I wrote that it would be. We have no backup big man, and now Hall Graduates. Fleming is no Hall. Johnson needs to scour Europe to find a big man.  Yesterday we were lost. We looked like we had never played before. This is a reflection on the coaching and recruiting.  How does a college team not have a legitimate back-up point guard? I congratulate Junior his effort. Ingram cannot handle the ball under pressure. We are wasting Mack’s ability. We had no plays for Hall yesterday. It was a total embarrassment to our program and all the great players who came before. We now have some very winnable games ahead of us. Only one team as a winning SEC record. We are still 4-4. Do Alabama fans settle to be second best in our State   Demand better.  Make your voiced heard. We might still make the NCAA by some good end of season play, but do we want to continue to be a bottom feeder. I don’t and you can hate me for saying so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment