Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

A new low for Calipari...

Calipari and Calhoun the captains
of sleaze and cheat are on Lacey
again. 
Lacey the center of Wildcat recruiting tactics...

     I suppose in a perfect world perfect things happen. In an imperfect world John Calipari happens. Calipari has been telling Trevor Lacey that his two top studs are planning on turning pro and will soon announce for the draft. That would be fair to Lacey except for one thing it is not true...

    The status of Brandon Knight and Terrance Knight are the subject of much speculation, but the best bet seems to be that neihter are going to be first rounds pick and have been advised that one more year will help best. Calipari is pushing the pair to announce and come back. Who knows?  It might be fair to say they could leave, but it isn't fair to say they are going to leave. Especially, to then come back merely to get a recruit or two.  Here is how bad, and such apparent cheats Calipari and Calhoun are. My basketball group of friends were laughing when UConn and Kentucky played in the NCAA Tournament. It was the only game that I've ever seen that there was an over/under on recruting violations. Calipari has had two teams vacate entire seasons because of his cheating, and Calhoun got caught again, and now appears to have lied ot the NCAA after they caught him. Yes sir, that's where I want my kid to play basketball. Well maybe if you are going to be a politician or wall street big wig. Calhoun and Calipari are the perfect example of what is wrong with college basketball. The NCAA is why they get to keep coaching. They are good coaches. They rank among the best coaches in America - I think. If they didn't cheat to get good players you have to wonder how good their coaching would actually be. None of this is good news for a program like Alabama who will not cheat.  I have long maintained that the only three current coaches I have never seen cheat in the SEC are Donovan, Pelphry, and now Grant. They have experienced a things that have put their own lives into perspective and I respect each of them for the kind of men they remain to be.

Calipari and Calhous, Cheaters...
    Trevor Lacey, who seemed pretty certain where he was going to attend, is suddenly being torn from Conneticut to Kansas. I feel sorry for Anthony Grant. He's done everything right to land Lacey. And more importantly he has done it honestly. Look at Grant's situation. He is facing recruiting avalanches from Barbee, Calhoun, and Calipari. None of those names exactly rank high on the recruiting mountain of ethics. While Barbee has never been directly linked with any major events but he he worked for Calipari. You have to wonder if the apple falls far from the tree. Calipari is a cheat, and Kentucky knew it when they hired him. They sold their basketball soul to the devil. I bet CM Newton threw up. Calhoun is one of the biggest cheats in college basketball history.

    He cheated so bad that the NCAA gave him three game suspension. I've had enough of the cheating in the NCAA. I've had enough of the NCAA winking and looking the other way. I'm very tired of honest men like Anthony Grant, Billy D, and John Pelphry trying to do their job within the lines, while other men are allowed to run roughshod by the NCAA.

    If Alabama doesn't land Trevor Lacey he won't be because Lacey doesn't want to attend Alabama. He does. It may yet attend the University. If not, it may be for other reasons that 18 year old kids can't yet put into proper perspective. Perhaps they can't because grown don't always do the right thing. I hope as Alabama fans we can all remember that honesty is its own reward. It may not seem like it in the short run but in the long run truth prevails.  If I sound down about Lacey it is because I sense something about to happen that we probably won't like. I could be wrong. Perhaps Lacey and his family are above all the hype and cheating. I'll tell you that Alabama and Kansas won't cheat. Bill Self, who watched the Kansas come up dry from the arc might be tempted. So could Grant who had only one shooter and now he's gone. But he will not cheat. This is one reason why we should all be very proud of Grant. He is a good man on so many levels.

Self 
   We are not just lucky to have Grant. We are blessed to have Grant. Yesterday I turned 64 years old. You have a lot of looking back when you are 64. You tend to remember the mistakes and not the better judgement at times. I don't think Grant will have a lot of looking back. I do know that at 34 winning seemed important regardless of how you did it. After all everyone cheats, right? At  age 64 I've concluded winning by cheating isn't fair, nor is it morally correct. It isn't even winning. I still maintain all this cheating started with coaches started wearing Armani and not crew neck sweaters. I'm just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment