Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Tide remarkable season is just the beginning...

'Bama's future is looking good...

     Got a response from a reader who said that my optimistic outlook on Bama basketball caused this blog to lose credibility.  What planet is that guy living on? How can you look at next season and not think great things? Sure, things have to fall into place.

     You start with a great player in JaMichael Green. Then, let's add a rapidly improving Tony Mitchell. Trevor Releford is the other returning starter. How can a freshman be that good a point? How good is he going to be when he has a better jumper and three point shot. He also has a full season under his belt to learn the motion offense and his players.

    Now, to that mix add a seven foot pre-season JUCO All-American, Nick Jacobs who is a real player. I mean this kid can play immediately. After that throw in a little ball handling and long range bombing from Levi Randolph. Rodney Cooper was just named First Team Parade All-American. In my find he is more that steal for Bama. Chances are looking better that Trevor Lacey will attend Alabama. I think he'll be a Tider if Kentucky's two starting guards return, and he might be a Tider anyway. Auburn is offering him a lot, and you take that anyway you want too.

     After that throw in capable and steady back up Ben Eblen. Eblen may not beat you but he won't get you beat either. Who knows how much the big Swede will improve. I'll take Coach Grant's opinion of him over mine or yours for that matter. Kendall Durant is a good player. So is Carter. Early season injuries gave them a redshirt season I predict.

     I want everyone keep this in mind. The Tide did this without Knox who transferred to North Carolina. Demetrius Jemison transferred out. And we always forget about Avery Jukes. That kid going to Butler is the real cinderalla story, and look at his off court contributions to Africa.

     Despite Andrew Steele's two injuries and all the stuff mentioned above we won 25 games. Is that great coaching or what? More than that he has done on the court he has done honestly and ethically. And it may be unfashionable to say this but he has done so from the moral high ground. He makes me proud to be an Alabama fan. I've seen over 1000 Alabama games. That doesn't make me an expert but it does me a unique historical prespective. So to whoever it was that talked about the lack of credibility because I wrote about my firm belief of what is going to happen in the next few years in Tide hoops - nuts to you. If you can't see that you are blind as the fourth blind mouse.

Is it jus tme or does the Butler Bulldog, Blue, have a striking resemblance to my man Barkley. Hey, Charles I think they are scumbags also.


click here for Tider Insider...

No comments:

Post a Comment