Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Final Answer?

The long wait is over...
    You remember that game show where the contestant was trying to win a million dollars. The contestants were given four choices. Once they picked on the host would try to get them tor change their minds. In the end he always asked, "Final answer"? So it goes with Trevor Lacey. The gifted high school player is finally ready to let the world know what goes in the mind of an 18 kid being courted like royalty.

I think that Alabama, Kentucky, and Kansas are the finalists. Auburn and two of those three will be bridesmaids. I have a pretty good idea (finally) who he is going to pick. And even then I'm not 100% sure.

Experts consulted...
     I've done all I could to get some information from Lacey short of asking him at the point of a Glock pistol. I don't know what he is going to do tomorrow but after his basketball career the CIA is a good bet. This kid keeps his mouth shut. So does his family, and I have too much respect to ask Jack Doss. Although I bet he doesn't know for sure.
    
     I have had long email exchanges with five guys who I believe are the best recruiting experts in the nation. They all say words or words to effect, "this has been really bizarre". All sorts of rumors regarding grades and eligibility are out there. I bet he is eligible. While all five of my friends explained why he should go to one of the three above but final answer when it came down to two school it was either Kentucky or Kansas. As one guy put it "if Anthony Grant gets Lacey he will eventually win a national championship at Alabama." I asked him if he thought Lacey was that good. "He's good all right, but what I mean is if Anthony can overcome Kentucky and Kansas he can get enough good players to eventually win it all"?  Good point.

UCONN is eliminated...

     As predicted Lacey cut UConn. Too far, too cold, and too many questions regarding what is going on in the program right now with the NCAA. He hasn't eliminated Auburn in public but in private I understand he isn't going to the Plains. Not enough juice to do anything nationally is what I heard he said. So that leaves  the big three.

So who is it going to be?

     Let me start this by saying I believe I know but am not a 100% sure. I've talked with friends, people who are close to the high school, and a couple of AAU people who claim to know something. I think tomorrow Lacey is going to pull a hat which says KENTUCKY. I've never wanted to be wrong more. But this kid wants to play offense for one season and then turn pro. Whether he likes it or not he'll have to do a lot more at Bama.



    

No comments:

Post a Comment