Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2019

Ingram is a game-time decision per Avery Johnson...

   I have no idea if it really is a game-time decision. Coach-speak is a sneaky business. The Alabama coaches may want LSU to believe he might not play, or perhaps that he will play. I know one thing. Alabama is a better team with him. He rebounds like a demon for a 6-5 player. He is a decent ball handler. I didn't say great. He is experienced, he can penetrate down the lane, and drain the three-pointer. Ingram catches more hate from 
Bama fans than any player on his team. He isn't a great ball handler but he is physical, drives to the basket, and can drain the three ball. He needs to shoot more, in fact. As much as I love to watch Junior throw up layups which remind me of some bizarre Kung Fu moves, he isn't nearly as talented as Ingram. Kudos for Junior for getting as much out of his game as possible. If Ingram can't go then I don't think Junior would start anyway. Someone needs to come off the bench to spell Kira Lewis. 

        My bet is that Alabama is going to start Lewis, Mack, Petty, Hall, and Riley Norris. That's not a bad lineup at all, but that means that someone has to come in from time to time and rest Mack, Petty, and Norris. It also means that LSU is going extend their man defense and play in your grill. That is the exact type of defense that kills Bama. That is how Mississippi State won in Starkville.

         LSU is a one-point favorite and that is a surprise to me. I was thinking 4 or 5 was more likely. I hope the gumbas are correct because that means it is basically a pick 'em game. Alabama will not survive a poor shooting night. And that includes making free throws. Hall needs to play a season-best game this afternoon. LSU is 7-1 on the road this year. Outstanding. Bama's home crowd will help the Tide if they are given something early to cheer. Wade has done an outstanding job since taking over at LSU. Johnson is still searching.  Alabama's coach could ease a lot of negativity with a win over 23-5 LSU.   If Bama wins it will be the defense that gets the job done. 

My heart says  Bama in a close one if Ingram is 100%. If not, I'd take the Tigers.

No comments:

Post a Comment