Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2019



Tide blows another one...

     With an NCAA Tournament bid at stake, the Alabama Crimson Tide managed to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory. Again. A lot of speculation will now arise whether Alabama has a path toward the Tournament? I don't think there is one that Alabama could make it happen. I don't think they can beat Arkansas. But they might. Do you see any scenario which would not include a win over Razorbacks, except winning the SEC Tournament? Let's be honest. Alabama is not worthy of being an NCAA Tournament team. I'm not trying to knock a coach or a player. Alabama's inability to put together a solid backcourt has killed this team. Perhaps the coaches and the players will learn something about the inability to finish a game. I know the fans have. 

    What happens if Alabama beats Arkansas and doesn't win a SECT game? We don't go. What happens if Alabama beats Arkansas and wins one SEC Tournament game? I don't know. Win two SECT games?  We might go. Can anyone see this team winning three games in a row at this time? I don't. Getting a bid would be great for the fans, but it falls far short of having a good program. Let's hang tough with the players through the season and post-season to let them no care. My sources tell me that Alabama isn't thinking about a coaching change. 16 minutes for Riley? This coaching staff drives me crazy.

  The loss was devastating. The perception of Avery Johnson after his team lost to LSU and Auburn after leading late in both games is less than charitable, to say the least. The brand of Alabama basketball took a huge blow. Some bracketologists still have 'Bama on life support. That is high praise to the SEC but not necessarily Alabama. 

No comments:

Post a Comment