Pages

Monday, March 18, 2019

What a rotten season...


     I haven't written anything in the last couple of days. Sometimes you need to just reflect. Disappointment abounds in the Tide Nation. We have fallen even further behind Auburn. We have to tip our hats to the Tigers, however. They had a great weekend of basketball and pulled themselves together with outstanding basketball the latter part of the season. They did that as the Tide simply walked away into nothingness.

     If I missed Avery Johnson saying he was to blame let me know. I heard a lot of 'we' but don't recall a lot of 'me'. The blame falls on Johnson. He makes  $3 million dollars a year. That breaks down to $8229 dollars a day. Perhaps he'll find some solace on the way to the bank. He said the team needs to look in a mirror to see who was at fault. Johnson needs to look in a full-length mirror himself.

    Johnson was a lousy coach this season. He alluded to some recruiting problems. He is the coach and he recruits the players. I think it is unfair to criticize the players you pick. I'll watch the NIT. I enjoy the NIT because the NIT helped give birth the greatest era of Alabama basketball. Going to the Big Apple has a country boy was a road trip to remember and changed my life. I snuck in the first game because I lost my ticket. A New York Cop winked at me and told me to go on in. I sat on the fifth-row midcourt. Acted like I belonged. It was high cotton for a Blount County boy.

    Not much to say about the closeness of our NCAAT  hopes. We all know what happened. Now we need to hope that Avery Johnson can acknowledge his fault publically and fix things. One more year like the last and he just needs to leave. He is a nice man. I watched Alex Reese light up Kentucky and remember thinking why hasn't Johnson played him more. First thing I'd do (after apologizing to the fans) is to hire the mother of all weight coaches and make the players look like something other than bean poles.

No comments:

Post a Comment